Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to Business

So I have become aware that in the past few months I have been M.I.A.

There are several reasons to attribute to this:

1) I got my first summer job. Working as a Circus Camp Counselor. That basically took over my entire summer, but I DID get to meet some pretty cool people who worked with me there.

2) Off-season swimming. Why I continue to get up at 5:30 every morning to be in the pool at 6, during SUMMER no less, I cannot explain. Swimming is a sport where looking in, you can't understand it, but looking out, you can't explain it. All I have to say on this matter is I am committed, and I love it.

3) My various trips, which include a family vacation in the middle of nowhere northern Wisconsin, a week at Horseback Riding Camp, and another week in Perry County, Kentucky.What is there to do in Kentucky? you might ask. ASP! The best week of my summer.

4) ASP. I believe this deserves its own post. Otherwise known as the Appalachia Service Project, this is a mission trip that my church youth group and I embark on every year to fix houses for those less fortunate than us. Not only is it tons of fun, but you're doing a good deed at the same time! Whilst there we bonded with our families, dug ditches, painted walls, laid down tiles, and worked on various other house repairs. In our free time we proceeded to play "Kool-Aid Pong", pierce our ears, and various other shenanigans. Needless to say, I think this year was another success.

5) Once I was back home, I decided to try and make the best of the one week of summer that I had left and spent my days lying on the beach, shopping, going to Six Flags, and scheming adventures (that aren't going to be mentioned here) with my best friend.

6) And now, in the last few days that I have left of my summer, I have started redoing my room. This includes ripping out all the drywall, and the ceiling, and doing electric work, and yaddah yaddah blah blah blah. Tons of boxes. Tons of dirt and dust. Tons and TONS of allergic annoyances. But in the end, it will be worth it.

Now with the first day of school looming right around the corner (Next Tuesday already!) I am in super freak-out mode.
--That book for English I had to read? No problem, did that ages ago.
--Those 200-something math problems I have to do? Almost done... almost done...
--The 5 painting I need to finish for Advanced Art? What five paintings? Oh, shoot.

Now I'm not saying that I didn't bake at all this summer, because that would be unthinkable. I definitely baked. Even with my mom's loud protests in the background, yelling something about not using the oven when the A/C is on, I stood in the kitchen sweating and baking. 







No comments:

Post a Comment