Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Banana Nut Muffins


WARNING: THESE MUFFINS ARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!

It's a banana nut muffin, infused with the flavors of fall. I mean who could resist such a mixture of all those tantalizing flavors?
Apples. Cinnamon. Nuts. Banana. (though it isn't really fall-related, it IS an all time favorite!) ... Need I say more?

Oh, fall. How I love thee. And to make everything better, I'm getting a new puppy. Breed? Rhodegian Ridgeback. Name? Nala. You know, like in the Lion King? She's only three days old in this picture... but isn't she already the cutest?!

But back to muffins. These are easy to whip up and throw in the oven, and they'll disappear faster than you can blink. I must admit, I've already (shamefully) eaten three of them on my own. They won't last long, that's a promise.


APPLE BANANA NUT MUFFINS

3 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 small (or one big) apple
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl, mix together the bananas and butter. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.

Mix in the baking soda, flour, and spices.

Peel the apples and cut into tiny squares. Fold in the apples and the walnuts.


Line a muffin pan with baking cups. Fill each so that the cup is full, but not overflowing.


Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin comes out clean.

Take out of oven and let cool, then quickly hide them away... unless you're caring enough to share the goodness of these muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Omigoodness those sound amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I made these muffins this morning and I have to say, they are amazing! I roasted the nuts for extra crunchiness and flavor. Thank you so much for the recipe. It is the ultimate Valentine's treat!

    ReplyDelete